Badinage

A li'l bit of this that and that

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

one fine night..

i was exceptionally jobless and lazy. i was feverish. i disregarded it as being psychological and decided to sleep it out. (i do NOT normally cook up illnesses unless i very badly need some pampering.) i woke up feeling no better. (4 sentences and 6 'i's so far. this blog is MINE, so whatever it is, so be it.) the day dragged on, felt weaker. i decided to get myself checked. at the casualty, the PG asked me to get the routine investigations done. urine test was one in the list.

first of all, i was so dehydrated. getting myself to pee was one thing. plus i was anorexic. anything edible/drinkable seemed revolting. after forced efforts to gulp down some tender coconut water and being the butt of my friend's jokes for ten minutes, i managed to get an impulse. went to the loo with the tiny bottle. now, aiming to piss into it was another task! (thanks to my paranoid dad, i too have become over cautious about hospi infection. he still gives me instructions before i get even a simple TT shot.)

finally the task was done. i came out carrying the bottle with a sense of satisfaction. i just realised there were a couple of my professors around. i suddenly felt conscious/awkward. i hurried to the technicians table and made an exit from the scene.

After all the drama, i was hoping for malaria atleast. i did feel really sick. atleast i could say i had something decently big. to my disappointment the PG told me the reports are normal and prescribed some paracetamol and warm saline gargle. no antibiotics also! stupid meager viral pharyngitis..

3 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Vibha said…

    ha ha..good one.Ye dil maange more??U shud have given the sample to victoria hosp.they would have satified ur desire for greater things.

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gauri, I find myself really uncomfy!

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry for my Vivid Imagination....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home