Badinage

A li'l bit of this that and that

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Bend it like Ballack!

My friend had kept some place for me next to her in the packed TV room. She asked me who I was gonna support. I didn't know. I was neutral. My doubts regarding the game are far too basic sometimes. My pals of the opposite sex get impatient. So I save all of them to ask her. Plus I don't have to worry about sounding stupid. Argentina made a goal. Frenzy in the hall! I didn't know football was so popular among the girls.

When last ten minutes were left, Germany was still on zero. The victory was almost certain. But you never know what happens in a game of football. I wanted Germany to score one. I didn't care who won. I wanted drama. I love it when a match ends in a penalty shoot out. They did score a goal. I so very much enjoy checking out the team's reaction after goals are scored. Whenever we caught glimpses of Ballack there were many "Aww.. So cute"s. I was wee bit partial to Germany because of him.

Extra 30 minutes also got over. It was still 1-1. Penalty shoot out. Yippie!! Both the teams were superb. It was a great match. They should have met in the semis atleast I thought. Full puppy face expression on the Argentinians. I felt quite bad for them. Hysteria followed in our hall after the match. Some girls even almost started crying! I looked at them and wanted to laugh. I rolled my eyes exactly like that emoticon does on the Y! messenger and hoped one of them saw me. Some people overdo this so much. Just because soccer is supposed to be yo and all. I don't remember seeing anybody cry when India lost to the Aussies in the WC. Ok, I wasn't in this hostel then. But still this seemed pseudo to me. I got little irritated and got back to my room.

My usually quiet heavy porcelain butterflies in the chime gently collided against each other and merrily filled the room with pleasant jingles. There was strong wind and it started to pour. Breeze in my hair and the rain.. 2 things which almost always manage to buoy me up. I went to the balcony to watch the rain. I sat staring and was wondering where to fit it under in Forrest Gump's classification. 'Big fat rain' i thought. It was beautiful and smelt great.

The weather is completely eccentric. When it decides to be harsh, it will even make you resort to taking electrolytes cos of the dehydration. Then there are these bulky downpours. Monsoons in Mangalore is an experience in itself. I sat there feeling the spray on my face. I love the rain. It makes me so peppy and animated. I remembered reading somewhere that Charlie Chaplin loved walking in the rain cos nobody could see his tears.

As I got convinced that the week wasn't totally devoid of something bloggable, the sound of the falling drops lulled me to slumber.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Vibha said…

    hey this blog is the best so far!!!and thats something cuz the previous ones were good!
    hey I am really wrenching this compliment out cuz yesterday's game just brrrrookee my heart.. roll your eyes all you want babe but cricket is NOT as exciting as football and somehow the tepid pace does not invoke emotions.
    Cool trivia about Chaplin..he seems to have been a sad soul.totally unconnected but I remember his wife's name was Oona-thats why the tears maybe??

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger 6565n6 said…

    hmmmm... good one.. but the competition is better, wish i had more time on my hands to write more,...

    soon...

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger 6565n6 said…

    hmm.. good stuff...
    buyt the competition is still better...

    the chaplin one specially... things i thrive on....

    wish i had more time to blog... its a relief that the competition is busy these days too...

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger 6565n6 said…

    hmmm... good stuff...
    but the competition is better....

    the chaplin stuff was good.. things i thrive on...

    wish i had more time to blog....
    its a good thing that the competition has not much time to blog either...

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger 6565n6 said…

    hmmm... good stuff...
    but the competition is better...

    the chaplin stuff was good.. things i thrive on...

    wish i was still a ug and had more time to blog....
    its a good thing that the competition doesnt have too much time these days...

    watch my space...

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    totally disagree with ya in the first part...football does matter a big deal..you just wont get it..

    towards the end..a mixture of ideas..not very coherent..

    good writin anyways..

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don agree with the first part...football is worth goin gaga abt..you just wont get it...

    second part..mixture of emotions and ideas..nice thoughts..not very coherent..

    good writing anyways..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home