Badinage

A li'l bit of this that and that

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Movies masti and malls!

The new multiplex cum shopping mall which opened recently has become hugely popular. It is a novelty, first of its kind in Mangalore. Pizza eat outs, coffee shops, international brands and all that jazz. People flock in all the time even if there's nothing in specific to do. It is one of those 'cool to be spotted at' places.

It was a weekend and we had planned on watching a movie. I was little early. I stood waiting near the railing of the quadrangle and glanced at the fancy names of new flavours of candy at the toffee shop. I noticed some stylishly dressed, elaborately made up middle aged women with chandelier ear rings, high heels and trendy outfits. I remembered what my class guys back in school used to call these ladies who tried to look hep and young. ACF. Aunty Cum Figure. Memories of high school and one ACF whom we had made maximum fun of made me smile. I noticed somebody looking in my direction.

From the corner of my eye I saw he was coming towards me. He looked like one of those who could come up with creative lines. As I waited curiously, I heard a "Hey have we met?" Disappointed, I said I didn't think so. "You resemble a friend. I was wondering if you could tell me where screen 2 is. I'm kinda lost." I didn't understand if he was trying to be flirtatious or he was plainly dumb. There are directions all over big and clear. Nevertheless I politely directed him. "Do you believe in love at first sight of should I walk past by a few more times?" was written at the back of his T. Atleast his T had a better line. He turned around and winked when he was at a safe distance. Duh! Some cheek he has got I thought. Before I could react friends joined and we rushed to our screen.

I'm not a big fan of Superman. I knew it would be like the comics only. I had laughed even at the idea of watching our swadeshi boy performing similar super natural stunts. Krrissh (or however that it is spelt. I don't get this numerology and all that. Ekta Kapoor has named some soap of hers as Kkusum cos K is supposed to be lucky it seems. Whenever I see that ad I try to pronounce it in SRK's stammering style.) Still, there I was sitting, geared up for 'Superman returns'.

I haven't studied ballistics in forensic medicine that well. Some kind of a powerful bullet is directed at our hero's eye. It hits his lens and the bullet is totally shattered!! (Rajnikanth could flick some ideas.) Ta tada!! That's superman. There was this another scene where he is lying in the hospital. The heroine is about to kiss him. Full fledged smooching sounds from the audience. It was cheap but I couldn't help giggling. Adlabs is little posh, so no laser lights on skimpily clad females on the screen. There wasn't much skin show in this particular one anyway. The comments, laughter and the movie to some extent was entertaining. Plus I had to enjoy it. 60 whole bucks for the ticket! That too just 3 rows away from the screen.

"As a student, watching movies from stalls builds character" my uncle says. I am building quite a bit of that these days.

PS: I realise my blog titles are getting li'l too monotonous these days. No more MMMs, WWWs. Promise. And hey! My site turns a month old today.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh cool,. congrats for your blog's first month birthday ;)
    keep goin rumi..... ;)

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good goin with your blog..!!!..and ya superman did suck..get used to such ppl..duhh...lol..

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey this one was good.....which mall are u talking about?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home