Badinage

A li'l bit of this that and that

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

For everyone who was told

The library office flooring is tiled. Each one measuring about 25*25cm. I was balancing on both feet so as to not touch the boundaries of the particular tile I was on. Superstition from childhood to hope for something good to happen in jittery situations. Analogous to finger crossing. It hardly works these days. What I had heard was true. Someone else has got the highest in E.N.T. and whatever said earlier was a mistake.

This blog was due next month. After Awards Day. About how life had changed in 3 years from being a volunteer to an awardee. The wait for the occasion. my parents coming to Mangalore for it, where my friends would sit and cheer for me as I would walk to the stage, how beautiful the convention hall would look with the lights at night, what I would wear, how I would accesorise, where we would go for dinner after the ceremony, how grand the ownership of the medal would feel, photographs taken while wearing it and uploading them on Picasa, how surprised certain people would get, how proud my father would feel and how he would show it off, how I would start feeling ok about myself with regard to studies, how I would see the college being lit up the previous night from my parents' hotel room, etc.

However, as it turns out to be, there is somebody with 3 marks more and the list was not properly checked before informing me. So after ten ecstatic days of dreaming these dreams, it shattered today. It feels like an awful joke.

In spite of cautious attempt to avoid embarrassing situations by containing the excitement for one whole day after getting to know to confirm and reconfirm, this had to happen today. Personally, by myself I had only told people of the inner circle. But when unexpected things happen, news spreads plus my folks being a bit hyper with joy had told a lot of people. I've tried to tell most, but if you haven't gotten to know by now, it's a big fat nothing.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger vadi said…

    oops! sorry, me reading this today, after having done the damage.solution is simple, just top some subject this time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home